Skip to main content

Sowore: DSS insists on proper documentation of sureties

Sowore: DSS insists on proper documentation of sureties

The Department of State Services (DSS) on Tuesday insisted that Omoyele Sowore, the convener of the planned RevolutionNow protest would only be released upon proper documentation of persons willing to bail him.

Dr Peter Afunanya, the Public Relations Officer of the Service disclosed this at a media conference in Abuja.

He said the service was prepared to release Sowore in line with the bail granted him by the court but waiting for persons to take his delivery through proper documentation.

According to him, Sowore was granted bail by the court and the service has received the order, but people who should take his delivery through proper documentation have not come.

He said claims by some individuals that they were at DSS to take Sowore’s delivery without seeing officials of the service was not true.

Afunanya said the service would not release Sowore to miscreants, protesters and persons who were not qualified to stand for proper documentation for his release.

He expressed dissatisfaction over the unruly behaviour of protesters who attempted to force themselves into the facility of DSS to seek for the release of Sowore.

The information officer said reports, circulated on social media that officials of the service engaged in shooting during the protest was not true.

“DSS is a respectable organisation that discharges its duties with utmost responsibility and accountability.

“We have standard operating procedures on the use of arms. So, our officials could not have used gun on any person,” he said.

He said that its officials had been receiving threats since it insisted that the protesters were not the kind of persons to take possession of Sowore.

(NAN)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

De Gea hailed by Henderson but warns him for No. 1 spot battle

Dean Henderson has cautioned David de Gea he is aiming for his Manchester United place. The 23-year-old goalkeeper will retreat to Old Trafford after an exceptional loan spell at Sheffield United, determined to take the 1st spot off the Spaniard.

Academy alumnus Henderson recently signed a new six-year contract last month among connections to Chelsea. Thus, making it obvious he sees himself at Old Trafford for the long term.

“I’ll be moving back in the first day of pre-season and sweating my b******s off to get in that starting line-up because it’s something I’ve constantly required and I’m so close now. I have tremendous respect for David. He has been a magnificent goalkeeper for many years.

He’s been remarkable and that’s something I strive to be, to have a profession like his at the club. It’s down to me but I’m beneath no fantasies that I’m going to develop just sat on the bench. I need that game-time.” said Henderson.

Unfortunately, De Gea’s form has come into inquest over the last …

Mourinho looking to steal Man United transfer with phone call

Jose Mourinho has made some good progress with Tottenham Hotspur. The club was struggling when Mauricio Pochetino left mid-season. Jose has his ways of doing things and many times his way might not be ideal.

But as Jose has always said, the most important thing is to get in the result. And since Mourinho has joined only Manchester City, Liverpool, and Manchester United, have earned more points than Tottenham.

Tottenham was at the 14th spot in the Premier League. Jose took them to sixth place and got them back in Europe. However, the expectations will be even higher for the next season. Spurs will want to push into the top four and compete for a Champions League place.

However to accomplish that goal Jose will need to add some players. Tottenham have already completed 3 signings. The club signed Joe Hart from Burnley on a free transfer.

Matt Doherty came in from Wolverhampton for £15 million and Pierre-Emile Hoijberg came in from Southampton for the same amount. But Jose Mourinho wants mo…

BBNaija 2020: What Toke Makinwa, Nigerian celebrities said about Erica’s disqualification

Some Nigerian celebrities have reacted to the disqualification of Big Brother Naija, BBNaija housemate, Erica, from the Lockdown house.

Erica on Sunday was found guilty of flouting the house rules and bullying housemate.

Erica caused drama in the house on Saturday night after the party when she made some derogatory comments and threatened to kill Laycon.

This caused her a third strike and eviction.

The likes of Toke Makinwa, Ay Makun and other celebrities have taken to their social media pages to vent out their reactions to Biggie’s decision.

Here are some of the comments gathered by Dove Bulletin:

@TokeMakinwa “Sad that the game ended tonight for Erica but I’m confident she’ll do well. Sucksssssssssssss.”

@AY Makun “ In life, you learn lessons. And sometimes you learn them the hard way. Sometimes you learn them too late. It is well with Erica moving forward in life. Show her love and help her become a better person outside of the house.”

@Sir Uti Uwachukwu “ Erica leaving the #Bbnaija house…