Skip to main content

Obaseki not ready for settlement — Oshiomhole

I can’t change my style of leadership – Oshiomhole
The National Chairman of All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr Adams Oshiomhole, on Friday said that Gov. Godwin Obaseki of Edo was not ready for the amicable resolution of the crisis rocking the party in the state.

Oshiomhole made this known while briefing newsmen in Benin shortly after receiving Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu in his residence in Benin

Oshiomhole said “the governor has been refusing and avoiding an all-inclusive meeting where all issues would have been tabled and resolved.

“Four governors volunteered to attend the meeting but he has consistently refused to attend the meeting.

“The only way to iron out issues is to sit down and listen to complaints.

“He should not worry about the ticket but how to win the heart of Edo people.

“The name of the game is persuasion, not violence.

“The men whose cars were burnt yesterday will never vote for them again. It is unheard of to refuse somebody into your party; politic is a game of numbers,” he said.

According to Oshiomhole, l have said it before that the deputy governor is doing damage to his principal.

“I have to pay the price by staying away from the APC rally,” he said.

The APC Chairman explained that he avoided the rally so that some persons would not have any excuse to go and kill people and blame it on him.

“We will not go to their level; blood for blood is not our mantra,” he added.

The South-South Vice-chairman of the Party, Mr Hillard Etta, while presenting Ize-Iyamu to the national chairman of the party, said he was delighted to welcome lze-lyamu back to the party.

“I never imagined that one day I will be performing this function because lze-lyamu was my boss. I did not see this coming,” he said.

Also speaking, Pastor Ize-Iyamu thanked the national and state leadership of APC for welcoming him back home.

Ize-Iyamu said, “l have always said that l am not coming to cause confusion in APC but to come and join in strengthening the house.”

NAN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

De Gea hailed by Henderson but warns him for No. 1 spot battle

Dean Henderson has cautioned David de Gea he is aiming for his Manchester United place. The 23-year-old goalkeeper will retreat to Old Trafford after an exceptional loan spell at Sheffield United, determined to take the 1st spot off the Spaniard.

Academy alumnus Henderson recently signed a new six-year contract last month among connections to Chelsea. Thus, making it obvious he sees himself at Old Trafford for the long term.

“I’ll be moving back in the first day of pre-season and sweating my b******s off to get in that starting line-up because it’s something I’ve constantly required and I’m so close now. I have tremendous respect for David. He has been a magnificent goalkeeper for many years.

He’s been remarkable and that’s something I strive to be, to have a profession like his at the club. It’s down to me but I’m beneath no fantasies that I’m going to develop just sat on the bench. I need that game-time.” said Henderson.

Unfortunately, De Gea’s form has come into inquest over the last …

Mourinho looking to steal Man United transfer with phone call

Jose Mourinho has made some good progress with Tottenham Hotspur. The club was struggling when Mauricio Pochetino left mid-season. Jose has his ways of doing things and many times his way might not be ideal.

But as Jose has always said, the most important thing is to get in the result. And since Mourinho has joined only Manchester City, Liverpool, and Manchester United, have earned more points than Tottenham.

Tottenham was at the 14th spot in the Premier League. Jose took them to sixth place and got them back in Europe. However, the expectations will be even higher for the next season. Spurs will want to push into the top four and compete for a Champions League place.

However to accomplish that goal Jose will need to add some players. Tottenham have already completed 3 signings. The club signed Joe Hart from Burnley on a free transfer.

Matt Doherty came in from Wolverhampton for £15 million and Pierre-Emile Hoijberg came in from Southampton for the same amount. But Jose Mourinho wants mo…

BBNaija 2020: What Toke Makinwa, Nigerian celebrities said about Erica’s disqualification

Some Nigerian celebrities have reacted to the disqualification of Big Brother Naija, BBNaija housemate, Erica, from the Lockdown house.

Erica on Sunday was found guilty of flouting the house rules and bullying housemate.

Erica caused drama in the house on Saturday night after the party when she made some derogatory comments and threatened to kill Laycon.

This caused her a third strike and eviction.

The likes of Toke Makinwa, Ay Makun and other celebrities have taken to their social media pages to vent out their reactions to Biggie’s decision.

Here are some of the comments gathered by Dove Bulletin:

@TokeMakinwa “Sad that the game ended tonight for Erica but I’m confident she’ll do well. Sucksssssssssssss.”

@AY Makun “ In life, you learn lessons. And sometimes you learn them the hard way. Sometimes you learn them too late. It is well with Erica moving forward in life. Show her love and help her become a better person outside of the house.”

@Sir Uti Uwachukwu “ Erica leaving the #Bbnaija house…