According to the president, the last week’s targets were presumably “balloons connected to private firms, recreational centers, or scientific institutions.”
The three objects that US fighters shot down over the past week, according to President Joe Biden, were likely “balloons tied to private companies, recreation or research institutions” and not connected to the Chinese espionage program that was behind a larger airship that passed through US airspace earlier this month.
Speaking on Thursday from the White House, Mr. Biden said that Canada and American forces “acted under recognized standards for choosing how to deal with and battle airborne objects in US airspace” and suggested that the objects be shot down. He claimed that he followed the advice and ordered the aircraft to be shot down “because of dangers to civilian commercial aviation traffic and because we could not rule out the risk of the monitoring of sensitive sites.”
“To learn more about these three objects, our military and the military of Canada are attempting to recover the debris. These three incidents are still being evaluated by our intelligence committee. They continue to report to me daily and will make urgent efforts to do so; I will inform the Congress of this. The specific nature of these three objects is still unknown. Nevertheless, nothing at this time indicates that they were part of China’s spy balloon program or that they were spy planes from any other nation, the man said.
The US intelligence community, according to Mr. Biden, now believes that the objects were either scientific, recreational, or commercial craft.
He later added that the US has no proof that there has been a recent “sudden increase” in aerial objects like the ones that were shot down last week. “We know that a range of entities including countries, companies, or research organizations, operate objects at altitudes for purposes that are not nefarious, including legitimate scientific research,” he said.
He said that following the appearance of the Chinese spying airship above the US earlier this month, measures were taken to make radar systems more sensitive, and as a result, the US and Canadian defense forces are likely detecting more of these objects. He added that the US would “keep modifying our strategy to meet these obstacles.”
“As a result, I’ve asked my team to present me with clearer guidelines for how we should go with handling these unidentified objects going the future, separating those that are likely to present safety and security threats that call for action from those that do not. But rest assured, I will remove any item that poses a threat to the safety or security of the American people, he said.
The president emphasized that the new guidelines would serve as a guide for future measures taken “when responding to unmanned and unidentified aerial objects” and that his administration will share them with Congress.
He declared, “We’re going to keep adjusting them as the difficulties grow.
After days of calls for the president to address the American people about the “objects” shot down over US airspace from both Republicans and Democrats in Congress, Mr. Biden made his remarks. Some critics argued that the three shootdowns that followed the downing of the Chinese airship were overreactions.
Nonetheless, he emphasized in a brief discussion with the press that followed his speech that he had given the order to drop those objects after consulting with his military advisors.
He claimed, “I got a reference from the military.” Political pressure made it easier not to shoot them down, he continued, and he stated that he will speak with Chinese President Xi Jinping soon. Later, he clarified that Mr. Xi’s current goal is not to “fundamentally shred the relationship with the United States and with me.”
In his public statements, Vice President Biden took care to distinguish between the three objects still being examined and the Chinese spy balloon that he had an F-22 fighter shoot down off the coast of South Carolina.
He said that the Defense Department was able to prevent the airship from gathering any helpful intelligence from sensitive sites along its course, thus it was allowed to fly into American airspace.
He emphasized that the Pentagon officers’ recommendation that the delay in shooting it down would allow it to be shot down over the water, making it simpler for the US to retrieve and analyze recovered wreckage, caused the delay in shooting it down.
“Because of its enormous size, the military advised against shooting it down over land. Its size was comparable to several school buses, and if it were shot down in an area where people lived, it would be dangerous for those on the ground. Instead, we kept a tight eye on it. We examined its capabilities and gained a deeper understanding of how it functions. Additionally, we were able to safeguard critical sites from capture because we understood their route. We shot it down to send a strong message that a violation of our sovereignty is unacceptable after waiting until it was safely over water, which would both protect civilians and allow us to retrieve significant components for future analysis.
Nothing suggests, according to Biden. Three downed UFOs connected to China
The US president expresses “no remorse” for shooting down a Chinese spy balloon.
President Joseph Biden said there is no evidence to suggest that three recently shot-down airborne objects seen in North American airspace are connected to China in his most in-depth public comments on the occurrences.
The US president explained their discovery after US officials “closely scrutinized our airspace, including enhancing our radar to pick up more slow-moving objects,” but he said the administration does not yet know “what exactly” the objects were. However, “nothing suggests,” as White House officials had previously discussed, that they originated from China.
The order to shoot down a Chinese surveillance balloon, according to Mr. Biden, sent a “clear statement that the infringement of our sovereignty is unacceptable,” and he said he “makes no apologies” for it.
While diplomats from both nations rushed to react to the unexpected entrance, US intelligence authorities are exploring the possibility that powerful air currents may have unintentionally pushed the balloon off its intended trajectory to send it over mainland America.
The balloon was not used for intelligence gathering, according to Chinese authorities, who also said China could take “countermeasures.”